- Develop learning opportunities for faculty in order to foster an awareness of current trends in research and scholarly communications.
- Participate with scholars to facilitate the research process and data life-cycle from inception through expression.
- Advocate for open access, open textbooks, open data.
- Responsible for library-wide social media policies & procedures, including the Digital Initiatives Tumblr and the UI Library Twitter.
- Responsible for data ingestion for VIVO.
Eugene Public Library
11/2010 – 7/2012
Government Documents Student Worker
Southern Oregon University Library
7/2005 – 6/2007
Curry Public Library
Gold Beach, OR
4/2002 – 9/2004
Gaines, A. M. (2015). From Concerned to Cautiously Optimistic: Assessing Faculty Perceptions and Knowledge of Open Access in a Campus-Wide Study. Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication, 3(1), eP1212. http://dx.doi.org/10.7710/2162-3309.1212
Gaines, A. M. (2014). Open Access in Rural Idaho. The Idaho Librarian, 64.
Gaines, A.M., Marineau, C. A., and Monks, K. M. (2014). A Statewide Survey of Censorship and Intellectual Freedom. Library Philosophy and Practice.
Gaines, A. M. (2015). “VIVO as an Institutional Repository: a radical receonceptualization.” VIVO 2015, Cambridge, MA, August, 2015.
Gaines, A. M., Coulon, A., Hussain, A., and Byrd, B. (2014). “Outreach and Marketing Recommendations for the Map and Geospatial Information Round Table.” ALA Annual 2014, Las Vegas, NV, June 2014.
“Open Textbooks: Benefits and Challenges for Universities,” 2015. Idaho Library Association Conference 2015, Boise, ID. Pre-conference speaker. Invited talk.
“Engagement Through Hashtags and Hilarious Cat Photos: A Librarian’s Tour Through Tumblr,” 2015. Idaho Library Association Conference 2015, Boise, ID.
“Shiny, Happy People Holding Nodes: Using VIVO (a Semantic Web Application) to Reveal University of Idaho Research and Researchers,” 2014. Online Northwest 2014, Corvallis, OR.
“Past the First Bend in the Road: Reflections on the Development of Digital Scholarship Programs from Five Institutions, ” 2013. DLF Forum 2013, Austin, TX. Panelist.
“Googlizing CONTENTdm,” 2013. CONTENTdm Users’ Meeting, Seattle, WA.
“Teaching and Discovering Graphic Novels,” 2013. Idaho Library Association Region 2 Conference 2013, Lewiston, ID.